Demmi chef-de-partie - Continental Cuisine
Education: Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management of Culinary Arts.
Specialized knowledge: continental cuisine. 4-5years’ experience with at-least 2 years in a professionally run kitchen. Some experience of banquet style kitchen or flight kitchen is desirable.
- Assist the Chef-de-partie.
- Maintain quality & consistency. Adherence to the standard processes.
- Work on food trial for menu changes enabling and adherence of the principles and work practices detailed under HACCP System in the department viz., Food Safety, Hygiene and Cleanliness, Nutrition, Health, Storage as applicable to the area of the work place.
- Techniques in quantity food production and dispensing. Some experience in flight kitchen or banquet style kitchen is desired.
- Excellent record of kitchen management.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients.
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food.
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality.
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations.
Salary: 18k to 25k. Number of positions:1